It’s plastic free July and that means we have the opportunity to consider making some small plastic free swaps in our lives…..
We have all seen a lot of changes around swapping out of plastic bags, plastic free packaging, water bottles , coffee cups - all great initiatives…..
But can we do more ? There are alot of areas in our lives we can make more swaps - often some of them can be less known about, many people not even realising that alternatives are available and in fact are better for you than the supermarket easy choices…..
So - here is our top 10 swaps for July :
- Solid Toothpaste - yes its a real option ! - no more plastic tubes, and our solid alternative is made by Lamazuna
- Floor Cleaner - Just a few spoons of Savon de Marseille soap flakes melted down in a cup and you have your floor mix - get washing !
- Shampoo & Conditioner- still not widely used - our choices will remove those plastic bottles from your life !
- Toothbrush - another simple swap to a bamboo toothbrush saves your plastic one being washed up on the shores of a far away beach
- Portable liquid wood travel cases - take your soap and tooth brush with you to hotels wherever you go - and stay plastic free ! Avoiding all the nasty single use items found in hotel rooms .
- Laundry - use our soap flakes mix in place of your supermarket laundry - not only is it massively cheaper your clothes will love you for it too.
- Dish Washing - yes our dish wash bars replace your squeeze bottles of washing up liquid - are super economical and clean your plates and pots really well !
- Pan / Pot Brushes - just swap up when you need to replace those plastic made utensil cleaners - all of our options are biodegradable
- Solid Deodorant- a quick win to ditch the body sprays and swap to a plastic free alternative care of Earth Conscious- lots of choices of scents .
- Make up remover - our Lamazuna make up remover is first class for taking off your make up at night in a super skin friendly plastic free way, leaving you feeling great and the planet without any waste !
A fun video to watch and see how you can make swaps in your home, all delivered plastic free with recycled packaging.
We hope this helps inspire you to make some swaps in your life !