Here at Chateau Du Savon we are always looking for ways to help our customers on their plastic free and zero waste journeys.
- Very economical - 20g makes 7-10 washes - approx 3p per wash
- Natural product
- Completely biodegradable
- Vegan and vegetarian friendly, plant based natural ingredients
- Sustainable Ingredients
- Not tested on animals
- No colourings
- No fragrances
- No Parabens
- No phosphates
- No sulphates
- Packaging arrives with us in large paper sacks, we break it down into small paper bags, so no plastic is involved in the supply chain
- Laundry washing: both hand washing and machine washing
- Sensitive skin
- Where there are septic/waste management tanks
- Washing specialist sports performance and waterproofed kit
- Delicate washing
- Cleaning leather upholstery and other leather goods
- General all purpose laundry products
We include a washing guide with every order !
Savon de Marseille Soap Flakes guide
How to make the liquid mix
First you’re going to make to make a laundry liquid – it’s super easy - the most common combination is to Mix 20g flakes with 0.5 litre of hot water, stir to dissolve ( we pour in 100ml of water and mix, then add the remainder) ………….Allow to cool and decant into an airtight container of your choice.
You can use this this mix straight away, Please note the liquid will set to a jelly like consistency during the next 12-24 hours. This mix gives you: 10 hand washes or 7- 10 machine washes.
A 450g bag of Marseille Soap Flakes gives you approximately 225 washes in total, you may find you need to use less !
For machine washing
Use 3 - 5 tbs (depending on amount of laundry) of ready made mix into the drawer dispenser or washing ball.
Every now and then run your washing machine on an empty hot wash cycle with a dose of white vinegar.
Dilute your ready made liquid mix in a bowl of warm water. Use 3 tablespoons to 5 litres of warm water.
Over time ( like many soaps of a natural kind) and as a result of exposure to light and humidity, the soap flakes may be subject to variations in colour and lose volume, Nevertheless, it keeps its effectiveness.
We suggest you keep the flakes dry in an airtight container.
RSPO sustainable sodium palmate, Aqua, sustainable sodium palm kernalate, sodium chloride (salt) sodium hydroxide ( lye)
*made by the famous Fer a Cheval Savonnerie